HD Video Conferencing for Focus Groups and IDIs
HOW IT WORKS
WebConference.com™ is a powerful online focus group software. It closely mimics an in-person focus group facility allowing respondents to interact with the moderator via live video, voice, chat and mark up websites, whiteboards and documents using the embedded drawing tools. The sessions are real-time with eight to ten participants who are able
to participate from their home or office using just a computer and web browser. Clients log-in to watch the research and can chat privately with the moderator during the research session without being visible to the respondents.
WHEN TO USE ONLINE FOCUS GROUPS
The flexibility of the software allows for more sophisticated research techniques online than what has been feasible in the past such as sampling tv commercials or videos, web site usability, product and packaging design, decision-making, concept screening, in home product placement, attitude and usage, positioning research, shopping studies and more.
A REAL ONLINE FOCUS GROUP EXAMPLE
A qualitative research company was hired by one of the major political parties for the presidential election. Three different tv. commercials had been created to persuade undecided voters. Using WebConference.com™, a group of undedided voters from various states were invited to an online focus group. The moderator was able to play each commercial in sync to all participants at the same time. Also, the moderator could pause, rewind/forward and even mark up a particular scene to all participants. This flexibility allowed the tv. producer to privately chat with the moderator in order to make some changes to the commercial that had the most potential. After several focus group studies, a very persuasive commercial was produced that resulted in 35% higher votes than unticipated in target districts.
Recruiting takes place within a matter of days, not weeks. By leveraging online household internet access which is now available through cable, cellular, satellite, wireless, etc., you can recruit even the most difficult to reach populations in the least amount of time. Hard-to-reach respondents such as business men, technologist and scientists from anywhere in the world can be interviewed from their home or office. Business people have a high response rate for our online focus groups because there is no need to travel and because each participant is equipped with a webcam, you enjoy the benefits of visual contact for real-time face-to-face exchange. It's the perfect solution for IDIs or small group interviews.
Moderating online focus groups should be done by a professional moderator, just like in-person groups. The moderator prepares a Power Point discussion guide in advance of the group which is uploaded to the application. Web Conferencing software supports many projective and probing techniques used by moderators such as card sorts,
lists, creative exercises, games, etc. A typical online group runs from 60-90 minutes. WebConference.com™ can train your moderator on how to use the software.
Recordings of each session can be produced immediately following each group. Trascription services are also available for an additional fee.
• Accommodate up to 10 individuals with live webcams at different remote locations
• No Software to install for your participants. Works with any browser
• Push content out to respondents from the moderator's computer
• Mark stimulus with whiteboard tools for easy collaboration
• Add a quantitative elements with polling
• Chat live with the moderator and viewers for communication throughout the project
• Record and archive projects immediately
• Available in multiple languages: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, etc.
• Increased participant anonymity – can lead to more in-depth/open responses
• Multimedia integration and interaction
• Increased moderation control without any disruption to group
• Convenient for participants – no time wasted on travel
• Viable option for busy professionals – quality respondents are more likely to participate
• Affords people who may have difficulty with mobility or illness to participate
• No costs for facility rental and food. Instead, entice them with a free webcam
• Participant's travel time away from home and work will not be a factor
• Use a PC or a MAC with no software download required
• Clients can view groups in the "virtual backroom" from the comfort of home or office
• Explore ideas, concepts, and products with your customers and stay ahead of your competitors
• Ideation, positioning & concept testing, story boards, ad testing, and full commercial streaming
• Our custom branding features enhances your company's brand and image